Make a giftHome > Make a gift > Community invovlement
Regions Hospital and Regions Hospital Foundation strive to be active and valuable members of our local, state and regional communities. We have sponsored and supported numerous events and programs throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. For example:
- We have created a school re-entry program to help children affected by burns.
- We provide clinics to instruct parents and caregivers on how to properly secure child passengers in vehicles.
- Our staff offers ENCARE, Think First and Traumaroo educational programs to schools around the area in order to reduce preventable injuries among children and young adults.
- We provide a variety of educational and support groups for cancer patients and their loved ones.
- In June 2009, Regions held the Expansion 2009 grand opening, an event that attracted close to 5,000 visitors; included in the opening was an expanded Emergency Center that was accelerated through donations to Regions Hospital Foundation's first capital campaign.
- In January 2010, the Emergency Center opened a new 11-bed unit built specifically for patients undergoing a behavioral health crisis; funds from Regions Hospital Foundation's capital campaign helped pay for the unit.
- The Leapfrog Group, a national organization responsible for measuring and reporting the quality and safety of hospitals, announced that Regions is among 45 hospitals in the nation that provided the highest value for patients in 2009.
2011 Report to the Community
To learn about some of the exciting new developments at Regions Hospital Foundation, read Growing, Leading, Caring: 2011 Report to the Community. The report features one woman’s treatment for depression and her efforts to help build a state-of-the-art mental health facility on the Regions campus. You can also read about promising new treatments for Alzheimer’s disease, our efforts to decrease disparities in the way different ethnic populations receive care, and more.