For nursesHome > For nurses > Eras of Ancker nursing
Eras of Ancker nursing
About Ancker School of Nursing
Some interesting information from the book Ancker Memories 1891–1976 and various Ancker School of Nursing brochures are shown below:
The student nurse of today learns to:
- Give complete care and promote positive health for the individual, family and community
- Work with others and participate in civic activities
- Evaluate her progress and provide a solid base for development
Student welfare policies
- Weights are recorded monthly. Any change from the normal is given attention.
- Ten days sick leave are allowed in the three-year period. All sick leave over 10 days must be made up.
Social & cultural opportunities
A full-time social director helps plan student activities. Some of the activities are class dances, a Junior-Senior banquet and prom, teas, basketball team and glee club.
Make an appointment
Mail Stop 11102U
640 Jackson Street
St. Paul, MN 55101
Apply for a nursing position