Patients & guestsHome > Patients & guests > Complementary care therapies
Complementary care therapies
The Complementary Care Therapies department’s mission is to enhance your health and healing process by providing complementary therapies and services to promote the balance of mind, body and spirit.
Services are available only on select units at this time. Therapies provided include:
- Massage therapy: Massage is rubbing and applying pressure to the soft tissues of the body. The therapist at the hospital works with your condition in mind. Often a simple foot, hand or neck massage is given while you are sitting or lying comfortably in your hospital bed.
- Music therapy: A music therapist uses music as a tool to achieve non-musical goals with you. It facilitates physical, emotional, spiritual, mental and psychosocial healing.
- Energy-based therapies: Light touch using different hand positions or sweeping hand motions are used during sessions to balance your energy field. Regions offers two energy therapies:
- Healing Touch
- Labyrinths: A labyrinth is a path that leads to the center of a design. It can be used as a tool to reduce stress, quiet the mind and open the heart. At the hospital, we have finger labyrinths that can be used as a meditation tool right in the hospital bed.
- Relaxation TV: Relaxation music and scenery are available on channel 52 in every room. Relaxation videos can also be ordered via Regions’ Patient Education On-Demand.
The benefits of these therapies are many. They can be especially helpful for patients experiencing:
- Post-operative pain
- Chronic pain
- End of life
- Comfort cares
Regions Hospital is happy to provide these links as a convenience and for informational purposes. We are not, however, responsible for the content of external sites nor does this listing constitute any endorsement. If you have medical or health concerns, please consult your health care professional for advice.
Find a doctorOur staff includes 700 HealthPartners providers.