Patients & guestsHome > Patients & guests > Glossary
- Ancillary Service
- A service that supports your main visit or medical service. Examples: laboratory, radiology, pharmacy, radiology, etc.
- The payment of a claim according to benefits.
- Charges for a specific visit.
- A detail-coded bill sent to the patient’s insurance company.
- A fixed amount the insurance company requires the patient to pay — usually per visit.
- The percentage the insurance company requires the patient to pay after their deductible has been met.
- Coordination of Benefits (COB)
- Rules that determine which insurance is to be billed first for services when patient is covered by more than one carrier. State and Federal guidelines apply.
- An amount designated by the insurance company as the patient’s responsibility to pay.
- The patient’s address information.
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Itemized statement from your insurance company detailing which services are covered.
- The hospital or clinic where services are performed.
- The person or persons responsible for payment must be 18 years or older and legally competent.
- Home Care
- Medical services provided to a patient in their home.
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare hospital insurance covering care in the hospital, at any skilled nursing facility and from a home health agency.
- Medicare Part B
- Medicare supplementary medical insurance covering outpatient services from physicians, surgeons or any professional technicians.
- Primary Insurance
- Designation given to the insurer that has first priority for payment of a claim.
- The professional doctor, therapists, nurse practitioner, etc., providing service to the patient.
- A periodic summary of the accounts for the patient or family.
Find a doctorOur staff includes 700 HealthPartners providers.