Effective as of: 06/12/2012
This notice describes how HealthPartners manages and protects Health Information and Personal Information that you give us, how we will use and share that information, and how you may exercise your rights with regard to your Personal Information and Health Information. Please read this carefully.
Changes to Web Privacy Practices
We may change or supplement our Web Privacy Practices from time to time and we will post revised versions on this site. We will indicate the effective date of any revised policy at the top of this page. Changes apply to the information collected from the date we post the revision, as well as to information we already hold. We encourage you to frequently read this page so you are aware of any changes that may have been made since your last visit to the web site.
PRIVACY OF HEALTH INFORMATION
If you are a member of a HealthPartners health plan, please consult the Health Plan Notice of Privacy Practices for a description of our privacy practices and the rights of our health plan members. If your employer is self-insured, please check with your employer for more information about your employer's health plan’s privacy practices.
If you are a patient at a HealthPartners-affiliated clinic hospital, please consult the Notice of Privacy Practices for Clinics, Hospitals and Other Care Providers Affiliated with the HealthPartners and Park Nicollet Family of Care for a description of our privacy practices and the rights of our clinic and hospital patients.
WEB SITE PRIVACY
Your Personal Information
“Personal information” refers to specific facts that can be used to identify or contact you as an individual. Personal Information includes, for example, your name, home address and phone number, birth date, your sex, email address or other information that is unique to you. We collect Personal Information at this site only when you supply it to us, such as when you send an e-mail or sign up for a program or service or purchase something through our site.
“Personal Information” does not include information that identifies a computer that is used to access the site because it does not identify anything about the person who is using the computer. (See the section below about “Cookies and other information about your visit.”)
Security of Personal Information
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information and prevent unauthorized access when the information is in our control. However, you should remember that no system can perfectly prevent an unauthorized person from intentionally viewing information while it is in transit over the Internet or via email. Therefore, HealthPartners cannot and does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of information you send to us via the Internet or by email from others beyond our control who intentionally find ways to access the information.
How HealthPartners Uses and Shares Personal Information
We may use and share your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- In order to allow you to participate in a program you have enrolled in or to provide a product or service you have asked for or purchased, we will use your Personal Information and share it to our employees, contractors, and others to the extent necessary for us to provide the service or product.
- We will share Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with a subpoena, court or administrative order, law, rule, regulation, or similar requirement that we believe in good faith legally obligates us to share it.
- We may use Personal Information to the extent necessary to protect our web site, our rights, and to avoid or minimize our liability. For example, we may use Personal Information to identify someone who is using our site for an illegal purpose and disclose it to law enforcement or our attorneys to consider taking legal action.
- We may share Personal Information in the regular course of business in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off, or other corporate reorganization to the new controlling entity.
- If your employer makes participation in a program a condition of enrolling in its health plan, or as a condition of receiving an incentive (for example, a gift card or reduced co-pays), and you agree to participate in the program, you are authorizing HealthPartners to give your employer (or a third-party designated by your employer) certain information about you. The only information we will provide is:
- Your name;
- Your address;
- Your date of birth;
- The date you enrolled in the program; and
- The date you completed the program.
Cookies and other information about your visit
If you do not want to have cookies placed on your computer, you can set your web browser to not accept them, or you can delete them manually.
Our web server also automatically collects the IP (for “Internet Protocol”) address of each computer that accesses our site. An IP address is a series of numerals that is assigned to each computer that accesses the Internet. An IP address is not Personal Information because it identifies only the computer, not the person who is using it. We use IP addresses in aggregate form to help us understand how our site is being used and how we can better serve visitors.
All questions and concerns about your privacy can be sent to email@example.com or by mail to:
8170 33rd Ave. S.
Bloomington, MN 55425
Attention: Office of Integrity and Compliance