Haitham M. Hussein, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Neurology
- Secondary Language: Arabic
I attended medical school and part of my postgraduate training in Cairo, Egypt. I finished my training in the U.S. and became subspecialized in cerebrovascular diseases, which includes diseases like stroke and brain hemorrhage.
I chose neurology because the nervous system is so precious. A tiny lesion in the brain can take away someone's independence. I want to help people avoid that from happening to them, and I want to be there to help them recover if it does happen.
Stroke is my primary focus, but I enjoy the whole breadth of neurology. I like teaching and participating in clinical research. I have coauthored many articles and textbooks chapters, and I am an editor and reviewer for several medical journals.
When I'm not working, I enjoy spending time with my family, listening to music, reading, cooking and playing soccer.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* American Medical Association (AMA)
* American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
* American Heart Association
* American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR)
- Medical School: Ain Shams University- Africa 2000
- Residency in Neurology: University of Minnesota 2011
- Fellowship in Vascular Neurology: University of Minnesota 2012
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro-Neurology
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro-Vascular Neurology