Michael N. Goertz, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Preventive Medicine
I am a medical spine specialist with a specific expertise in the examination, diagnosis, and non-surgical treatment of spinal disorders of the back and neck. As a specialist, I enjoy partnering with primary care and specialty care physicians to align the pathway of the patient with evidence-based spine care. Specifically, I partner with providers in neurosurgery, orthopedic spine, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, occupational medicine and physical therapy.
With a background in occupational medicine, I provide a level of expert care enabling me to consult with physicians regarding spine care, evaluate patients requiring a higher level of spine expertise, and manage patients across several disciplines. Inclusive of my role is my ability to interpret and educate on diagnostic studies and facilitate interventional procedures with the appropriate providers.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* North Central Occupational and Environmental Medical Association (NCOEMA), Executive Committee
*American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM), House of Delegates
* Minnesota Medical Association
* Twin Cities Medical Society (TCMS)
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- 401 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-7760
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School 1977
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Good Samaritan Hospital and Medical Center 1980
- Residency in Preventive Medicine: University of Minnesota School of Public Health 1988
- Certification: Am Bd of Preventive Medicine-Occupational Medicine