Rebecca M. Koerner, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
I am a specialist in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation-sometimes know as a physiatrist. My roots are in the Dakotas and my interest in this area of medicine evolved from my initial interest in being a family physician. My work involves helping the people I see regain as much independence as possible after an illness or injury such as brain injury, stroke, spinal cord injury, amputation, burn, orthopedic injuries, multiple sclerosis, and prolonged illness or multiple traumatic injuries. Much of my work involves working with other care providers including occupational, physical and speech therapists as well as nurses, psychologists and other physicians. I also have had a lifelong interest in working with adults with childhood onset disabilities including cerebral palsy and post polio syndrome.
Away from work I enjoy, walking, reading, traveling, and spending time with my family. I have a special interest in global health issues and in particular enjoy spending time in Tanzania.
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- 401 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-7760
- Regions Hospital Rehabilitation Institute - Hospital Campus
- 640 Jackson St Saint Paul, MN 55101 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-2071
- Medical School: University of North Dakota 1978
- Residency in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation: University of Minnesota Medical Center 1981
- Certification: Am Bd of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation