Christopher F. Heck, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery
As an undergraduate, I became interested in medicine while working in the transplant lab at the University of Minnesota. During medical school, when I worked in the cardiovascular lab at the Mayo Clinic, I realized that I wanted to be a heart surgeon. I was drawn to the challenge of working on the human body and remain humbled by the trust my patients place in me. When I begin working with patients, I think about the care I would want for my family members, and that idea helps to direct the care I provide.
In my free time, I like to build and rebuild things with my hands. I enjoy working on home remodeling projects and restoring vintage cars with my wife and kids.
- Medical School: Mayo Graduate School of Medical Education 1985
- Residency in Surgery: University of California - San Francisco 1991
- Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Surgery: Stanford University School of Medicine 1994
- Certification: Am Bd of Thoracic Surgery-Thoracic & Cardiac Surgery