Lisa R. Capell, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Psychiatry
I originally trained in psychiatry, then after 10 years in practice returned to complete an additional year in family medicine. I am interested in re-integrating mental health care into primary care settings and ending the false splitting of disease into "mental" or "physician" as most are both. I enjoy working with patients to improve nutrition and stress management to optimize health and wellness. Improving mental health can influence the course of many chronic diseases and reduce the need for medications or other interventions.
Professional Associations: Board Certified in Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine Member, Association of Gay & Lesbian Psychiatrists APA Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine Twin Cities Magazine Top Doctor - 2008
Please note: Patients must have been seen by a HealthPartners, Stillwater Medical Group, Hudson Hospital & Clinic, Westfields Hospital (outpatient) or Amery Hospital (outpatient) Primary or Specialty Care Provider in the last 2 years in order to schedule a new patient appointment in HealthPartners therapy or psychiatry.
- Medical School: Medical University of South Carolina 1989
- Residency in Psychiatry: Medical University of South Carolina 1990
- Residency in Psychiatry: Medical University of South Carolina 1992
- Residency in Psychiatry: Veterans Affairs Medical Center 1993
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro (Psychiatry)
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro-Psychosomatic Medicine