James P Morrison, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Cardiology
I enjoy getting to know my patients on a more personal and long-term basis, learning about their occupations, family life, leisure time activities and hobbies. I believe effective cardiovascular care requires a life-long team approach that involves a close working relationship between the patient, primary care physician and cardiovascular specialist, as well as other key health care providers.
To provide effective care, I strive to help patients understand their illnesses as much as possible, and I enjoy this patient education process. My special interests include preventive cardiology and general cardiology.
- Medical School: University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health 1978
- Residency in Internal Medicine: US Naval Hospital- Virginia 1983
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease: Naval Hospital 1985
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease