Mary E. Carr, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Emergency Medicine
I chose the field of emergency medicine as my specialty because it is often very exciting and rewarding. Patients and their families may be at their most vulnerable and fearful when I see them, and I find it is comforting and fulfilling to have the knowledge to help them and put them at ease during a trying time.
Medicine is always changing, and it is important to always be a student. I continue to keep up with the emergency medicine field and to study it on a regular basis. I also have many valuable years of experience to draw from
I enjoy spending my spare time with my family and dogs, being at the lake cabin, reading and exercising.
I have been a member of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS) since I completed a fellowship in forensic medicine. In addition to my regular practice, I have a consulting service in forensic medicine where I evaluate mechanisms of injury on living victims.
- Medical School: University of Michigan Medical School 1980
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Henry Ford Hospital 1981
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Henry Ford Hospital 1982
- Residency in Emergency Medicine: Henry Ford Hospital 1984
- Certification: No Information on Record