Jeffrey Richards, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Psychiatry
- Secondary Language: French, German, Spanish
I chose outpatient psychiatry because I learn so much from getting to know people and helping them change. I provide general psychiatry services to adults at the HealthPartners Riverside Clinic, including evaluation and medication management for ADD, depression, anxiety, bipolar and psychotic disorders. I have a particular interest in issues of religion and spirituality, recognizing these can be important health resources for some people.
In my free time, I enjoy hiking, reading and creative writing.
New patient appointments:
Patients must have been seen by a HealthPartners, HealthPartners Family of Care, or Park Nicollet Primary Care Provider in the last two years in order to schedule a new patient appointment in psychiatry.
- Medical School: Michigan State University-East Lansing 1980
- Internship in Family Medicine: Montefiore Hospital 1981
- Residency in Family Medicine: Montefiore Hospital 1983
- Residency in Psychiatry Child & Adolescent: Philadelphia Child Guidance Clinic 1985
- Residency in Psychiatry: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania 1987
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro (Psychiatry)