Ahmad S. Abdulkarim, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Gastroenterology
- Secondary Language: Arabic
I enjoy my work as a gastroenterologist because it offers me the combination of procedural and office skills I use on a daily basis. Working in a field where I save lives by detecting early cancers and preventing it is extremely rewarding. I also enjoy advanced endoscopy, working with patients who have biliary and pancreatic conditions requiring ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatogram).
My spare time is spent with my family.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* American Gastroenterological Association (AGA)
* American College of Gastroenterology (ACG)
* American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Medical School: University of Damascus- Syrian Arab Republic 1993
- Residency in Internal Medicine: St. Joseph Hospital & Health Center 1999
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology: Mayo Graduate School of Medical Education 2002
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Gastroenterology