Daniel J. Schneider, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Hematology, Oncology, Oncology & Hematology
Before beginning my medical training, I was unsure which specialty I would choose to pursue. After my first day of oncology, I knew this was where I should be. It is a unique opportunity to help guide someone through such an important time in his or her life. Ultimately there is always hope, regardless of the circumstances, and with the remarkable advances in the treatment of cancer, the field becomes even more exciting and hopeful. While I am interested in all cancer treatment, I particularly enjoy approaching therapy through clinical trials, a mechanism to further improve our knowledge and success rates.
Outside of work, I am an avid runner and traveler. My three children, though, keep me in the moment.
- Medical School: Southern Illinois University School of Medicine 1991
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Baystate Medical Center 1994
- Fellowship in Oncology & Hematology: University of Chicago-Loyola 1997
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Medical Oncology