Glenn A. Nickele, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Cardiology
I was born and raised in Chicago, and my education and training have taken me to several states around the country. Because of my roots there, and a high regard for its people and their values, most of my time has been spent in the Midwest.
Uncertain of which area of medicine I wanted to pursue, I did a rotating internship in the neighborhood where I had grown up. There I cared for family members, as well as friends and neighbors, realizing that heart and vascular problems were the most common ailment affecting those I cared for. This experience, and an attraction to the physiologic principles of cardiology helped guide my decision to practice cardiology.
In the twin cities, when not practicing medicine, my children and I enjoy visiting state parks and the abundant lakes as well as spending time "up north" each year.
- Medical School: University of Michigan Medical School 1989
- Internship: Resurrection Hospital 1990
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Medical College of Wisconsin 1994
- Fellowship in Cardiology: University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health 1997
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease