Daniel M. Anderson, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Hematology, Oncology, Oncology & Hematology
I was born and raised in Minnesota but have traveled extensively and enjoy exploring new cultures and ideas. During my medical training, I became interested in working with people who have cancer because of the unique relationships I developed with them. As a practicing oncologist, I continue to enjoy these relationships. I also enjoy the intellectual challenge of working with patients who have blood and clotting disorders.
In addition to my medical school training, I have completed training in clinical cancer research. I am currently working on projects investigating how the genetics of cancer cells affect disease prognosis and the effectiveness of current therapies in treating patients with advanced cancers. I am also fortunate to be involved in teaching medical students, residents and fellows.
When not working, I enjoy spending time with my wife and son. We enjoy walking around the lakes and attending concerts. I actively follow Minnesota sports teams and have had Gopher basketball season tickets for several years.
Professional associations: American Society of Hematology; American Society of Clinical Oncology; American Association for Cancer Research
- Medical School: University of Minnesota 1997
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Hennepin County Medical Center 2000
- Fellowship in Oncology & Hematology: University of Minnesota 2003
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Hematology
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Medical Oncology