Daniel M. Anderson, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Hematology, Oncology, Oncology & Hematology
I am a board certified Hematologist-Oncologist and a member of the faculty of the University of Minnesota Department of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation. After graduating from St. Olaf College, I received my medical degree and master's in public health from the University of Minnesota. I completed my internal medicine training at Hennepin County Medical Center and a hematology/oncology fellowship at the University of Minnesota. During my medical training, I became interested in working with people who have cancer because of the unique relationships I developed with them. As a practicing oncologist, I continue to enjoy these relationships. I also enjoy the intellectual challenge of working with patients who have blood and clotting disorders.
In addition to my medical school training, I have completed training in clinical cancer research. I am currently working on projects investigating the effectiveness of current therapies in treating patients with advanced cancers.
I have been recognized locally and nationally for my leadership and commitment to clinical research, and I am the associate principal investigator for the Minnesota Metro Community Clinical Oncology Program. My research has been published in prestigious journals such as the "Annals of Oncology" and "Journal of Clinical Oncology". I am also fortunate to be involved in teaching medical students, residents and fellows.
I was born and raised in Minnesota but have traveled extensively and enjoy exploring new cultures and ideas. I was recently a featured physician in "American Heart", a documentary film that explores health care through the eyes of refugees living in the American heartland.
When not taking care of patients, teaching or conducting research, I enjoy spending my time with my wife and coaching soccer for my three children.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* American Society of Hematology (ASH)
* American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
* American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
* Minnesota Society of Clinical Oncology (MSCO)
- University of MN Physicians-Transplant & Medicine Specialties Clinic
- 516 Delaware St SE Minneapolis, MN 55455 (map)
- Appointments: (612) 625-5155
- Medical School: University of Minnesota 1997
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Hennepin County Medical Center 2000
- Fellowship in Oncology & Hematology: University of Minnesota 2003
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Hematology