Colleen T. Morton, MB BCH
- Practicing Specialty: Hematology, Oncology, Oncology & Hematology
- Secondary Language: Afrikaans
I am originally from South Africa and attended Medical School at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa. I did my Internal Medicine and Hematology-Oncology training at the University of Minnesota. My areas of research included bleeding and clotting disorders and sickle cell anemia.
My main areas of interest and practice are bleeding and clotting disorders and benign and malignant hematology. I see both men and women with thrombotic and hypercoagulable conditions. I also investigate and manage bleeding disorders. I work closely with our Obstetrics and Gynecology department and see many women with pregnancy complications associated with clotting disorders.
I am privileged to work our medical and surgical departments as well as with our pharmacy to manage all the anticoagulation protocols at HealthPartners. I am a member of the Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement (ICSI) Antithrombotic Therapy Supplement and Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis committees.
American Society of Hematology
International Society on Thrombosis & Haemostasis
Hemostasis & Thrombosis Research Society
American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Medical School: University of the Witwatersrand- South Africa 1992
- Internship in Internal Medicine: University of the Witwatersrand- South Africa 1993
- Residency in Internal Medicine: University of the Witwatersrand- South Africa 1996
- Residency in Internal Medicine: University of Minnesota 1998
- Fellowship in Oncology & Hematology: University of Minnesota 2003
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Medical Oncology
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Hematology