Jess W. Olson, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
I elected to go into physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R) because I was interested in improving peoples' quality of life. I work with patients who have had significant physical impairments such as a stroke or traumatic brain injury as well as those who are dealing with acute and chronic pain. Although I have a diffuse practice, I specialize in the management of acute and chronic pain using a wide range of treatment modalities, medications, therapies and interventional procedures. My goal is always to decrease the pain and improve each person's overall well-being.
I take time with all patients to properly diagnose their conditions then discuss treatment plans, carefully going over the pros and cons of each option to find the one that will be most beneficial. After treatment has begun, I follow up with each patient to make sure that the plan is working, and if it's not, then develop a new one.
When I am not working, I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, walking, watching movies, following local sports teams and doing photography.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* American Academy of Pain Medicine (AAPM)
* American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine (AANEM)
* International Spine Intervention Society (ISIS)
* American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPMR)
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- 401 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-7760
- Regions Hospital Rehabilitation Institute - Hospital Campus
- 640 Jackson St Saint Paul, MN 55101 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-2071
- Medical School: University of Minnesota 1999
- Internship: Hennepin County Medical Center 2000
- Residency in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation: University of Michigan Medical School 2003
- Certification: No Information on Record