Heather R. Cichanowski, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Sports Medicine
I was born and raised on the Mississippi River in Winona, Minnesota. Growing up, I pursued competitive biking, swimming and canoeing but my main sport was Nordic skiing. I remain active in all of these sports today. My own athletic experiences, including injuries, sparked my strong interest in sports medicine. My practice focus is the care of musculoskeletal injuries as well as the non-musculoskeletal aspects of sports medicine, including return to play decisions, concussions, nutrition and injury prevention. From my own injury experiences, I know how important it is for injured athletes to resume sport participation timely, efficiently and safely.
I am a medical volunteer for many local events including the Twin Cities Marathon, Minnesota State High School League Championships in a variety of sports and local high school football games. In addition, I am a physician volunteer for the US National Cross-Country Ski Team. I was voted Top Physician for Women for Sports Medicine from "Minnesota Monthly" magazine in 2008, 2011 and 2014.
I will work with you to get to the bottom of your concern and formulate a non-operative plan to get you better.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
*American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM)
*American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
*American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- 435 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-8300
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School 2001
- Residency in Family Medicine: University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview 2004
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine: Hennepin County Medical Center 2005
- Certification: Am Bd of Family Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Family Medicine-Sports Medicine