Onaiza Ansar, MBBS
- Practicing Specialty: Psychiatry
- Secondary Language: Hindi, Urdu
I provide psychiatric evaluations and medical management for adult patients at the HealthPartners West Clinic. I treat patients experiencing depression, anxiety and other mental health disorders. I have a special interest in fellowship training and board certification in Geriatric Psychiatry. I firmly believe in seeing and treating the whole person and not one illness. As physicians we may not have a cure for everyone but I believe in using my skills, knowledge, empathy and teamwork with patients to manage their symptoms, no matter the course of the illness, in the best possible way.
Outside of my work, I love to spend time with my family and that is very precious to me. It may be traveling, reading, watching TV or going to fairs and festivals. I read books as there is always more to learn. I enjoy the time with my elders and people of all ages around me to learn from their experiences and gain wisdom that may not be in my books. I love to work with people from different cultural backgrounds and have no fear of learning and finding out what I don't know or what I never heard about.
I am grateful to my patients who have been my finest teachers and especially elderly patients who have rich histories and lots of meaningful experiences to share while getting their care. I believe in always striving for improvement and even little steps in that direction keep my life colorful and my practice exciting for me.
Please note: This provider serves only adults ages 18+.
New patient appointments:
Patients must have been seen by a HealthPartners, HealthPartners Family of Care, or Park Nicollet Primary Care Provider in the last two years in order to schedule a new patient appointment in psychiatry.
- Medical School in Psychiatry: Dow Medical College-Pakistan 1991
- Internship in Neurology: Civil Hospital-Pakistan 1992
- Residency in Psychiatry: Austin State Hospital 1994
- Residency in Psychiatry: University of Minnesota 1997
- Fellowship in Psychiatry: Veteran's Administrative Medical Center- Minneapolis 1998
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro (Psychiatry)
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro-Geriatric Psychiatry