Sheffey N. Massey, III, DO
- Practicing Specialty: Emergency Medicine
I chose emergency medicine because of the fast pace, patient variety and broad knowledge base needed for this field. For many years, I was an EMT/paramedic, and as I brought patients to the Emergency Department (ED), I always wanted to participate in their care after the street.
One of the most important things I do is help patients and their families feel comfortable in the ED setting. This can be a very scary place, and if the staff members can lessen anxiety, the experience can be much better.
Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my family, listening to music, yoga and running.
I am a retired Lieutenant Colonel from the Air National Guard with 30 years of service, and I am currently a member of the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Medical School: Des Moines University Osteopathic Medical Center 1993
- Internship: Henry Ford Bi-County Hospital 1994
- Residency in Emergency Medicine: McLauren Oakland 1997
- Certification: Am Osteo Bd of Emergency Medicine