Stephanie K. Kroon, PA-C
- Practicing Department: Oncology, Oncology & Hematology
- Physician Assistant
I grew up in a small town in southwestern Minnesota. My father is a pharmacist and was an EMT, and because of him, I developed an interest in medicine.
After graduating high school, I moved to the Twin Cities to attend the University of Minnesota where I completed my Bachelor of Science in Biology in 2001. I received my Master's Degree in Physician Assistant Studies in 2004 from Des Moines University.
In 2010, after working in Regions Hospital Emergency Department for several years, I began a new course in my career at Regions Cancer Care Center. I now work closely with the oncologists, seeing patients who are in for long-term follow-ups and those who are currently getting chemotherapy. I also care for our patients that come in with more acute illnesses or those who need assistance while in the infusion room receiving therapy. Additionally, I perform bone marrow biopsies and see patients in our Survivorship Clinic. I thoroughly enjoy working in the Cancer Center. The patients, their families and the staff are amazing and inspiring.
When I'm not working, I enjoy spending time with friends and family, reading, walking my dogs, biking, playing co-ed softball, listening to music and singing karaoke.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
* Minnesota Academy of Physician Assistants (MAPA)
* American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
* National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Professional School: Des Moines University Osteopathic Medical Center 2004
- Certification: No Information on Record