Richard A. Peterson, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Neuro-Oncology, Neurology
- Secondary Language: Spanish
I have always been interested in the neurosciences and how the brain works. In medical school, my interests grew to include the science behind tumors and cancer. As a neuro-oncologist, I combine both interests. In my practice, I see a wide variety of cases- most of them very complicated. But the satisfaction in helping someone go through a very complicated process with brain tumor diagnoses and providing the best care possible is very rewarding. I feel that this is what I was meant to do.
I always give patients the necessary time to hear what's going on and help them to figure out what needs to be done. I am a good listener and will do everything I can to make sure to address everything that needs to be addressed.
When I'm not working, I like to spend time with family and be active outdoors. I enjoy fishing, cooking, watching college football and skiing.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
* American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
* Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO)
- Medical School: University of New Mexico School of Medicine 1999
- Internship in Internal Medicine: University of Washington Medical Center 2000
- Residency in Neurology: University of Washington School of Medicine 2003
- Fellowship in Neuro-Oncology: University of Washington Medical Center 2005
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro-Neurology