Gavin T. Pittman, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics
I joined the HealthPartners Department of Orthopaedic Surgery in April of 2011 after working locally in private practice for five years. I specialize in arthritic conditions that affect hips and knees.
In 2005, I completed an adult reconstruction fellowship, and I've had significant clinical experience in a variety of hip and knee procedures, including partial and total knee replacements, hip arthroplasty through direct anterior and posterior approaches, and revision hip and knee replacements for failed total joints. I use minimally invasive techniques, patient-specific implants and computer-assisted navigation when appropriate.
In addition to treating patients, I have performed research that has been published in major orthopaedic journals, and I have written book chapters on techniques in revision total knee replacement. I also have given lectures, both locally and nationally, on several adult reconstruction topics.
I grew up in La Crosse, Wisconsin, and attended the University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, Minnesota) where I played football from 1990 to 1994. I am married and have two young children. When I'm not working, I enjoy spending time with my family and outdoor activities, including running, biking, skiing and snowboarding.
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- 435 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-8300
- Medical School: University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health 1999
- Internship in Surgery: University of Utah Medical Center 2000
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery: University of Utah Orthopaedic Center 2004
- Fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery-Adult Reconstruction: Carolinas Medical Center Program Carolinas HealthCare System 2005
- Certification: Am Bd of Orthopaedic Surgery