Gavin T. Pittman, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics
Dr. Gavin Pittman joined the HealthPartners Department of Orthopaedic Surgery in April of 2011 after working locally in private practice for five years. He specializes in arthritic conditions that affect hips and knees.
Dr. Pittman completed an adult reconstruction fellowship in 2005 and has gained significant clinical experience in a variety of hip and knee procedures. This includes partial and total knee replacements, hip arthroplasty through direct anterior and posterior approaches, and revision hip and knee replacements for failed total joints. He uses minimally invasive techniques, patient-specific implants, and computer-assisted navigation when appropriate.
Dr. Pittman's research has been published in major orthopaedic journals. He has written book chapters on techniques in revision total knee replacement. He has given lectures, both locally and nationally, on several adult reconstruction topics.
Dr. Pittman grew up in La Crosse, Wisconsin. He played football at the University of St. Thomas (St. Paul) from 1990-1994. Dr. Pittman is married and has two young children. He enjoys spending time with his family and outdoor activities, including running, biking, skiing and snowboarding.
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- 435 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-8300
- Medical School: University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health 1999
- Internship in Surgery: University of Utah Medical Center 2000
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery: University of Utah Orthopaedic Center 2004
- Fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery-Adult Reconstruction: Orthopedic Hospital of Charlotte 2005
- Certification: Am Bd of Orthopaedic Surgery