Paula M. Cotruta, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Neurology
- Secondary Language: Romanian
I am board certified in Neurology, and I enjoy seeing patients with neuromuscular disorders. My interests include peripheral neuropathy, neuropathic pain and back pain. I perform Botulinum toxin chemodenervation for cervical dystonia, blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm, hyperhidrosis, headache and spasticity.
I enjoy spending my free time with my family, and I love to travel.
I am certified by the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine (ABEM) and a Fellow of the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine (AANEM).
- Medical School: Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy- Romania 1995
- Internship in Internal Medicine: St. Francis Hospital of Evanston 2001
- Residency in Neurology: University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago 2004
- Fellowship in Neurophysiology: University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago 2005
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro-Neurology