Kurt C. Demel, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Hematology, Oncology, Oncology & Hematology
- Secondary Language: German
Kurt Demel, MD, specializes in both medical oncology and hematology. He is a native Midwesterner and grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Dr. Demel has a special interest in head/neck cancer and benign/malignant hematology. He also assists in the development of clinical informatics for our oncology office and enhancing web-based educational programs for patients. He has interest in cancer survivorship issues, which is the study of the late effects patients may experience after their cancer treatments. During his fellowship training, he was actively involved in clinical research. He contributed articles to academic journals and was invited to lecture at national meetings. He hopes to bring cutting edge research and innovations to the bedside. Dr Demel strongly believes in helping his patients and families cope with the diagnosis of a major illness - recognizing its emotional, spiritual and physical toll. In his spare time, Dr Demel enjoys biking and marathon running. He also enjoys nature photography.
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Hem/Onc/Bone Marrow Transplantation, University of Minnesota
American Society of Clinical Oncology
American Society of Hematology
- Medical School: University of Cincinnati Hospital 1998
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Christ Hospital 2002
- Fellowship in Oncology & Hematology: Brown Univ. - Roger Williams Medical Center 2006
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Hematology
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Medical Oncology
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine