Mengnai Li, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics
- Secondary Language: Mandarin Chinese
I started practicing at Regions Hospital and the University of Minnesota Physicians in 2006. I am originally from Qiqihar, China and moved to the United States in 2000. My areas of expertise include pediatric orthopaedic surgery especially physical injuries. I have special interests in pediatric elbow injuries, pediatric and adult fracture, pediatric/adolescent/young adult hip disorders, femoroacetabular impingement, hip arthroscopy, periacetabular (Ganz) osteotomy, surgical hip dislocation, hip resurfacing, hip and knee replacement, lifetime cerebral palsy, especially those with the need of hip and knee replacement, as well as anterior approach total hip replacement.
My Ph.D. thesis was focused on aseptic loosening after total joint replacements. I have received special training in arthritis and joint replacement surgery, including minimally invasive surgery and computer navigated joint replacement. I was among the 20 orthopaedic surgeons who received traveling fellowships at the First Annual Arthroplasty Conference in San Francisco in 2004.
My wife and I have young sons. I enjoy playing badminton and placed second in the men's single championship in Beijing, China in 1999.
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- 435 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-8300
- University of MN Physicians - University Orthopaedic Clinic
- 2512 S 7th St Suite R-102 Minneapolis, MN 55454 (map)
- Appointments: (612) 273-9400
- Medical School: Beijing Medical University- China 1995
- Fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery-Adult Reconstruction: Virginia Commonwealth University 2005
- Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopaedics: Hospital for Special Surgery 2006
- Certification: No Information on Record