Mengnai Li, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics
- Secondary Language: Mandarin Chinese
I started practicing at Regions Hospital and the University of Minnesota Physicians in 2006. I am originally from Qiqihar, China, and moved to the United States in 2000. My main areas of expertise include pediatric, adolescent and young adult hip disorders, including Dysplasia, Slipped capital femoral epiphysis(SCFE) and Perthes disease. I have specialized training on surgical hip dislocations and periacetabular osteotomies. I am also fellowship trained in both primary and revision total hip and knee replacements. I also enjoy treating pediatric elbow injuries and pediatric and adult fractures.
My PhD thesis was focused on aseptic loosening after total joint replacements. I have received special training in arthritis and joint replacement surgery, including minimally invasive surgery and direct anterior hip replacement. I was among the 20 orthopaedic surgeons who received traveling fellowships at the First Annual Arthroplasty Conference in San Francisco in 2004.
My wife and I have 3 children. I enjoy playing badminton and placed second in the men's single championship in the Intra-City Hospital Tournament (Beijing) in 1999.
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- 435 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-8300
- University of MN Physicians - University Orthopaedic Clinic
- 2512 S 7th St Suite R-102 Minneapolis, MN 55454 (map)
- Appointments: (612) 273-9400
- Medical School: Beijing Medical University- China 1995
- Fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery-Adult Reconstruction: Virginia Commonwealth University 2005
- Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopaedics: Hospital for Special Surgery 2006
- Certification: No Information on Record