Joseph A. Browning, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Cardiology
I see each patient encounter as an opportunity. I have the chance to meet my patients and engage with them on a personal level. By hearing their story, I can better understand how their heart problems affect their daily life. I can then educate them about their disease, and offer treatment options that will fit with their lifestyle. I strongly believe that healthy lifestyle choices can have a powerful impact on the development and progression of cardiovascular disease, and therefore I take every opportunity to assist patients in making the right decisions for their health and well being.
I was born and raised in Minnesota, and completed all of my medical training here in our fine state. I am thrilled to be practicing in the community in which I live and I take great pride in helping to improve the health of this area. When I'm not working, I can be found exercising, biking, fishing, going to concerts, and spending time with my family.
Professional Associations & Certifications:
American College of Cardiology, AOA
Certified by the American Society of Hypertension as Specialists in Clinical Hypertension
- Medical School: University of Minnesota-Duluth 2002
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School 2004
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Abbott Northwestern Hospital 2007
- Chief Resident in Internal Medicine: Abbott Northwestern Hospital 2008
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease: University of Minnesota Hospitals and Clinics 2011
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease