Richard L. Holt, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Psychiatry
While my undergraduate studies focused on literature and philosophy, I became interested in medicine when I spent some time in the Peace Corp and came to admire and respect the work of the doctors and epidemiologists in sub-Saharan Africa. When I returned to the United States, I planned to study public health and epidemiology, but during medical school I found I was particularly fascinated with the study of psychology and enjoyed reading Freud and Jung in the context of my patients. It really harkened back to my roots of literature and philosophy. So, while in medical school, I decided to go into psychiatry. I find my work with psychiatric patients to be interesting and very rewarding.
I live part-time in New Zealand where I have been working on a community mental health team for the Maori, the native Pacific Islanders of New Zealand. In my work there, I am mostly in the tribal setting, inside the community.
I am an avid bird watcher, and in my spare time I love to bird watch while cross-country skiing, hiking and mountain climbing.
- HealthPartners Regions Behavioral Health - St. Paul
- 640 Jackson St Ste E2900 Saint Paul, MN 55101 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 967-7992
- Medical School: University of Florida 2003
- Residency in Psychiatry: Medical University of South Carolina 2007
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro (Psychiatry)