Michael G. Thurmes, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology
I completed my training in cardiology at Loyola University in 1992 with additional training at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis in 1992. I am a board-certified cardiologist specializing in interventional cardiology. My group specializes in providing diagnosis of, and treatment for, various cardiovascular disease/disorders including acute myocardial infarction (heart attack), cardiac rhythm disorders, congestive heart failure, and stable/unstable angina pectoris (chest pain). Along with treatment and diagnosis, our group also focuses on patient education in helping our patients understand their heart condition and medications, as well as offering professional support for managing and/or reducing known cardiac risk factors (high cholesterol, obesity, smoking, high blood pressure, diabetes).
I personally enjoy interacting with my patients. My goal is to help my patients avoid future heart problems and deal with those problems that have already developed. As an interventional cardiologist, my role includes repair of narrowed arteries by angioplasty and stenting.
American College of Cardiology
American College of Physicians
- Medical School: University of Minnesota 1985
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Abbott Northwestern Hospital 1988
- Fellowship in Cardiology: Loyola University School of Medicine 1992
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Interventional Cardiology
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine