Randy S. Twito, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics
I watched my first surgery at age 16. The surgeon demonstrated a calm demeanor and skill. The patient's trust and confidence were clearly evident. The potential to dramatically impact people's lives and health was very attractive to me. Coming from an athletic background, orthopaedic surgery became the subspecialty of choice for me. Today my practice is limited to knee arthroscopy and total joint replacement surgery. It is so gratifying to have a patient state, "You gave me my life back."
One developing area of interest for me is care of the mature athlete. Baby boomers like me are more active and competitive than ever. The challenge is to help them chase their dreams with the latest information in nutrition, training, injury prevention and customized management of injuries or conditions that do develop.
I enjoy most sports and consider myself an avid cyclist and skier. My wife and I are members of St. Mary's Greek Orthodox Church in Minneapolis. We have three grown children and look forward to one day having the privilege of being grandparents.
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- 435 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-8300
- Medical School: Mayo Graduate School of Medical Education 1982
- Residency in Surgery: Mayo Graduate School of Medical Education 1984
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery: Loma Linda University Medical Center 1988
- Certification: Am Bd of Orthopaedic Surgery