Balkrishna N. Jahagirdar, MBBS
- Practicing Specialty: Hematology, Oncology, Oncology & Hematology
- Secondary Language: Hindi, Marathi
Medicine has been the love of my life, along with my wife, two children, parents and siblings. I consider myself fortunate to be able to make it my profession. My goal is to deliver state-of-the- art medical care in the community, close to patients' homes, in a compassionate manner, looking at the patient as a whole - not just the cancer. I understand the hardship of caregivers and do my best to provide all the knowledge and support they need.
I am a board certified Medical Oncologist-Hematologist, President-Elect of Minnesota Society of Clinical Oncology, and on the faculty of the Department of Medicine at the University of Minnesota. I see patients at Regions Hospital Cancer Center in Saint Paul and Lakeview Hospital-Stillwater Medical Group.
Research is also an important part of my career, and I serve as a member of the Experimental Therapeutics Committee of the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology to help design and conduct clinical trials of new cancer treatments throughout the US, along with my colleagues from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Harvard's Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Mayo Clinic and other institutions. I have co-authored a book chapter in the "Textbook of Malignant Hematology", and my research is published in prestigious journals, including:
* "Journal of Clinical Investigation"
* "Experimental Hematology"
I have been the recipient of several awards and honors over the years, including the:
* Clinical Excellence Award of University of Minnesota-Regions Hospital
* Outstanding Clinical Mentor Awards for training of Oncologists-Hematologists
* National Cancer Institute's MMCCOP-Silver Certificate for contribution to clinical trials in Oncology
* Alpha-Omega-Alpha Honor Society
* University of Minnesota Department of Medicine Fellow Research Award
* Blood and Marrow Transplant Award
- Stillwater Medical Group - Lakeview Hospital Campus
- 921 S Greeley St Stillwater, MN 55082 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 439-1234
- Medical School: Seth G S Medical College- India 1995
- Residency in Internal Medicine: University of Illinois Hospital 1999
- Fellowship in Oncology & Hematology: University of Minnesota 2002
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Hematology
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Medical Oncology