Christian M. Ogilvie, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery
- Secondary Language: Spanish
My decision to become a physician and specialize in orthopaedic surgery was influenced both by watching my father, who was a spine surgeon, and through service experiences. Those experiences taught me how rewarding it is to work with people and have the ability to help them through their challenges.
I enjoy orthopaedic surgery because it provides the opportunity to work one-on-one with patients and provide direct help for their problems. I'm not just making a diagnosis; I am taking action to fix the problem. Early in my career, I decided I wanted to specialize in the treatment of tumors through orthopaedic surgery and sought training for this specialized field in both San Francisco and Toronto. As an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in tumor surgery, I have the opportunity to treat patients of all ages - from babies to the elderly. I also take Level 1 trauma calls when patients need emergency orthopaedic surgery.
I always want my patients to understand their conditions and treatment options, and I want them to feel free to ask any questions they may have. I share any imaging from their records to help them understand the situation.
When I'm not working, I enjoy spending time with my wife and kids. I also enjoy fishing and birding.
I am a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and the Musculoskeletal Tumor Society (MSTS).
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- 435 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-8300
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School 1996
- Internship in Surgery: University of California - San Francisco 1997
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery: University of California Medical Center 2002
- Fellowship in Musculoskeletal Tumor Surgery: University of Toronto- Canada 2003
- Certification: Am Bd of Orthopaedic Surgery