Katie A. Moriarty, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Cardiology
I was attracted to the field of cardiovascular medicine because it encompasses all aspects of being a complete physician, requiring both diagnostic and technical skill, in a field that is driven heavily by evidence based medicine. I have practiced both clinical medicine as well as basic science research in vascular biology, and have come to value research as the foundation for the medical innovation this field has experienced over the last few decades. However, it is a field that also allows me to develop wonderful relationships with my patients, treating not only their acute illnesses, but helping to improve their health in the long-term.
I am a practicing non-invasive cardiologist, with a focus on echocardiography and nuclear cardiology. I enjoy seeing all types of cardiac patients, but have specific interest in congestive heart failure and women's health. I serve as the Medical Director of the Congestive Heart Failure Clinic at Regions Hospital as well as the Director of Cardiovascular Research.
I spend most of my free time with my family, including our young daughter. We love to travel, cook, bike, kayak and hike.
I am a member of the American College of Cardiology (ACC).
- Lindstrom Clinic - St. Croix Regional Medical Center
- 12375 Lindstrom Ln Lindstrom, MN 55045 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 400-2240
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School 2002
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Yale-New Haven Medical Center 2005
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease: University of Minnesota Hospitals and Clinics 2011
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease