Christina M. Ward, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Hand Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
I joined the HealthPartners staff and University of Minnesota faculty in 2009. I treat hand and wrist problems from the common (carpal tunnel syndrome) to the complex (wrist fractures and dislocations), but I have a special interest in hand and wrist trauma, including distal radius fractures, intercarpal injuries and distal radial-ulnar joint problems. I like the intricate anatomy of the hand and enjoy treating a wide variety of conditions.
Hand surgery research is an important part of my practice. I have published research in scientific journals and presented at local and national conferences. In 2013, I was named Co-Director of the HealthPartners Center for Hand Care. In this capacity, I work with our wonderful team of nurses, physician assistants, surgeons and our certified hand therapists to improve hand care for all of our patients.
In my free time, I enjoy yoga and playing with my little kids.
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Plastic and Hand Surgery
- 401 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 967-7977
- Medical School: Washington University School of Medicine 2002
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery: University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics 2007
- Fellowship in Hand Surgery: University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics 2008
- Certification: Am Bd of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certification: Am Bd of Surgery-Surgery of the Hand