Tanya K. Adelman, PA-C
- Practicing Department: Mental Health
- Physician Assistant
I am a hospitalist physician assistant (PA) at Regions Hospital. Being a hospitalist means I provide medical care for acutely ill hospitalized patients. I became a PA to promote health, educate patients and treat their medical problems. I love my job because I am part of a team and every day I am playing an active role in our community to help people. It is a privilege to be part of the team that includes patients, their families and friends, nurses, hospital staff and specialists.
I have special interests in international and behavioral medicine and I am part of a humanitarian group that travels to South America two times per year to perform surgery for communities lacking health care.
I received my bachelor's degree from Macalester College and my Master's of Physician Assistant Studies from the Mayo School of Health Sciences/University of Wisconsin La Crosse program.
In my free time, I enjoy outdoor recreation, road biking, traveling, live music and art.
I belong to the following professional associations:
* American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
* Minnesota Academy of Physician Assistants (MAPA)
* International Humanitarian Surgical Team (IHST)
- HealthPartners Regions Behavioral Health - St. Paul
- 640 Jackson St Ste E2900 Saint Paul, MN 55101 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 967-7992
- Professional School: University of Wisconsin-La Crosse 2009
- Certification: NCCPA-Ntl Comm on Cert of Physician Assistants