Richard Andrew Davis, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery
I joined HealthPartners after spending six years as Chief of Spine Surgery at Vanderbilt University Department of Orthopedics in Nashville, Tennessee, where I also worked as an Assistant Professor.
I have performed over 3,000 spine surgeries, ranging from complex revision spine surgery and spine trauma to minimally invasive surgery. My special interests are in cervical spine problems, degenerative lumbar conditions (spinal stenosis/disc herniations), complex revision spine surgery (failed spine surgery) and spine trauma. While in Tennessee, I provided spine care for the Nashville Predators (NHL). I also provided care for Olympic hockey players and Division I baseball and football athletes.
In addition to performing surgery and treating patients, I have instructed orthopedic residents and fellows and been an invited lecturer for grand rounds at several medical schools in the United States. My research studies have been published in spine journals and I have written book chapters on minimally invasive spine surgery and spine trauma. I have designed a spinal implant that is used in procedures for cervical disc herniation surgery.
I have been honored to be named on the Best Doctors Best List, a national organization that identifies high quality physicians, and I have been recognized as a Top Doctor in Nashville by the International Association of Orthopedic Surgeons.
When I'm not working, I enjoy time with my family, running, golfing and cooking.
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- 435 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-8300
- Medical School: Georgetown University 1998
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery: University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics 2003
- Fellowship in Spine Surgery: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 2004
- Certification: Am Bd of Orthopaedic Surgery