Richard Andrew Davis, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr Rick Davis joins HealthPartners after spending six years as Chief of Spine Surgery at Vanderbilt University Department of Orthopedics in Nashville, TN where he worked as an Assistant Professor.
Dr. Davis has performed over 3000 spine surgeries, ranging from complex revision spine surgery, spine trauma, and minimally invasive surgery.
Dr. Davis has a special interest and significant experience in cervical spine problems, degenerative lumbar conditions (spinal stenosis/disc herniations) as well as complex revision spine surgery (failed spine surgery) and spine trauma. Dr. Davis also provided spine care for the Nashville Predators (NHL), Olympic hockey players, and Division I baseball and football athletes.
In addition, Dr Davis has instructed orthopedic residents and fellows, and been an invited lecturer for grand rounds at several medical schools in the United States. His research studies have been published in spine journals and he has written book chapters on minimally invasive spine surgery and spine trauma. Also, Dr. Davis has designed a spinal implant that is used in procedures for cervical disc herniation surgery.
Dr. Davis has been named to Best Doctors Best List, a national organization that identifies high quality physicians and has been recognized as a Top Doctor in Nashville by the International Association of Orthopedic Surgeons.
Dr. Davis enjoys time with his family, running, golf and cooking.
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- 435 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-8300
- Medical School: Georgetown University 1998
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery: University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics 2003
- Fellowship in Spine Surgery: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 2004
- Certification: Am Bd of Orthopaedic Surgery