Matthew A. Hofkens, DO
- Practicing Specialty: Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr Hofkens is a physiatrist, a physician who specialized in physical medicine and rehabilitation. He has a diverse background in training that enables him to treat a variety of patients. He focuses on the non-operative care of musculoskeletal injuries as well as the non-musculoskeletal aspects of sports medicine, including return to play decisions, concussions, nutrition and injury prevention. He enjoys initiating (and maintaining) an exercise program and rehabilitation program for any patient, from the elite athlete to the novice weekend warrior. Dr Hofkens uses of musculoskeletal ultrasound in a variety of clinical applications (guided injections, evaluation of shoulder disorders, evaluation of overuse and tendon injuries). He is a Certified ImPACT consultant (CIC) and is the team physician for Woodbury High School.
Dr Hofkens played college basketball and football. When not working he enjoys a variety of sports including golfing, running, biking, boating and skiing. He and his wife are active in the local community and enjoy spending time raising service dogs for patients with disabilities.
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- 435 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-8300
- Medical School: Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine 2006
- Internship: Veterans Medical Center 2007
- Residency in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation: University of Minnesota Medical Center 2010
- Certification: Am Bd of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation