Matthew A. Hofkens, DO
- Practicing Specialty: Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
I am a physiatrist: a physician who specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation. I have a diverse training background that enables me to treat a variety of patients. My focus is on the non-operative care of musculoskeletal injuries as well as the non-musculoskeletal aspects of sports medicine, including return-to-play decisions, concussions, nutrition and injury prevention. I enjoy initiating (and maintaining) an exercise program and rehabilitation program for any patient, from the elite athlete to the novice weekend warrior. I use musculoskeletal ultrasound in a variety of clinical applications (guided injections, evaluation of shoulder disorders, and evaluation of overuse and tendon injuries). I am a Certified ImPACT Consultant (CIC) and serve as the team physician for Woodbury High School.
I played college basketball and football, and when I'm not working I still enjoy a variety of sports, including golfing, running, biking, boating and skiing. My wife and I are active in the local community and enjoy spending time raising service dogs for patients with disabilities.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPMR)
* American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM)
* American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM)
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- 435 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-8300
- Medical School: Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine 2006
- Internship: Veterans Medical Center 2007
- Residency in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation: University of Minnesota Medical Center 2010
- Certification: Am Bd of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation