Chhabi Lall Timsina Sharma, MBBS
- Practicing Specialty: Psychiatry
- Secondary Language: Dzongkha, Hindi, Nepali
I was born in Bhutan which had then just embarked into modern development. I feel privileged and lucky to have been able to study medicine in spite of my financial constraints.
After graduating as a physician in India, I was passionately serving to advance benefit of modern medicine to all section of Bhutanese population by providing direct service, health education, advocacy and leadership. Unfortunately, I had to leave Bhutan in 1992, when one fifth of the total population of predominantly Nepali speaking citizens where evicted. I worked from the very inception to establish very highly acclaimed health care system for Bhutanese refugees working with UNHCR and Save the Children, U.K. in Nepal.
In my current incarnation, I am a Qualified psychiatrist proving compassionate and quality adult psychiatric out patient services to a mostly immigrant and refugee population at the Center for International Health and to a regular American population at Regions Behavioral Health in Maplewood. It gives me immense satisfaction to provide much needed services in my new country.
- HealthPartners Regions Behavioral Health - Maplewood
- 2345 Ariel St N Maplewood, MN 55109 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 967-7992
- Medical School: Medical College- India 1983
- Residency in Psychiatry: Hennepin County Medical Center 2011
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro (Psychiatry)