Veronica L. Carson, DNP
- Practicing Department: Orthopaedics
- Nurse Practitioner
I am certified as a Gerontological Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and I've been with Regions Hospital/HealthPartners since 2011. I received a bachelor's degree in nursing from Minot State University, Minot, North Dakota, in 2006; a master's in nursing degree from the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota, in 2010; and in 2014 I earned my Doctor of Nursing Practice from the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.
I have a passion for the aging population and bone health, and I am committed to providing the best care possible to our geriatric population. Our Geriatric Fracture Program offers a Mobile Outreach service that provides care in a unique, patient-centered fashion. We care for elderly patients with orthopaedic concerns who reside in long-term care and assisted-living centers in the comfort of their home.
I provide the following services:
* 24/7 phone consultation services for geriatricians and nurse practitioners who provide care through HealthPartners Partnering Care Senior Service
* Acute injury on-site assessments (portable x-rays, admission/pre-op workup, etc.)
* Postoperative on-site visits and checkups
* Procedural visits (cortisone injections for arthritis, splint or cast management for fractures, etc.)
* Collaboration of care with nursing and therapists to improve overall care and functional outcome
When I'm not working, I enjoy outdoor activities, reading and spending time with my family.
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- 435 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-8300
- Professional School: University of North Dakota College of Nursing 2010
- Professional School: University of Minnesota School of Nursing 2014
- Certification: No Information on Record