Elizabeth A. Canepa, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Psychiatry
I came to behavioral health because I am fascinated by both neurobiology and people's life stories and experiences. I was also drawn to the practice of psychiatry because it can relieve a great deal of suffering and I want to help patients to the best of my abilities. Toward that end, I am a listener. I pride myself on really listening to what my patients are trying to tell me. I have special interest is treating new-onset psychosis and bipolar disorder.
In my spare time, I like yoga and gardening.
I am a member of the American Psychological Association (APA) and the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).
- Medical School: Rush University 2005
- Internship in Psychiatry: Johns Hopkins Hospital 2006
- Residency in Psychiatry: Medical University of South Carolina 2009
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro (Psychiatry)