Puneet D. Narang, MBBS
- Practicing Specialty: Psychiatry
- Secondary Language: Hindi, Punjabi
I have an immense interest in learning about the human brain and behavior, and that's why I chose the interesting, rewarding practice of behavioral health. Teaching students and residents is also an important aspect of my practice. I was trained in psychiatry in two different countries and cultures - India and the United States - and that has helped me understand the importance of the psychosocial aspect of psychiatric conditions.
I treat a variety of psychiatric disorders with pharmacological intervention and therapy recommendations, and I encourage my patients to be actively engaged in their treatment planning. I have a special interest in electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), which is an underutilized, yet effective, treatment for refractory depression and other psychiatric illnesses. Outside of my practice, I like spending time with family and friends, traveling and cooking.
I am a member of the American Medical Association (AMA) and the American Psychiatric Association (APA).
Please note: Patients must have been seen by a HealthPartners, Stillwater Medical Group, Hudson Hospital & Clinic, Westfields Hospital (outpatient) or Amery Hospital (outpatient) Primary or Specialty Care Provider in the last 2 years in order to schedule a new patient appointment in HealthPartners therapy or psychiatry.
* Deep Brain Stimulation for Treatment-Refractory Depression.
Narang P, Retzlaff A, Brar K, Lippmann S. South Med J. 2016 Nov;109(11):700-703.
* Pharmacogenomics Can Enhance Prescribing of Psychiatric Medications.
Narang P, Johnson A, Enja M, Lippmann S. South Med J. 2016 Oct;109(10):628-630.
* Pharmacotherapy for Insomnia in Primary Care.
Smith E, Narang P, Enja M, Lippmann S. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2016 Mar 17;18(2). doi: 10.4088/PCC.16br01930.
* Are Musical and Auditory Hallucinations Related?
Gandhi R, Narang P, Lippmann S. Psychosomatics. 2016 Jul-Aug;57(4):442-3. doi: 10.1016/j.psym.2016.03.004. No abstract available.
* Electroconvulsive Therapy Intervention for Parkinson's Disease.
Narang P, Glowacki A, Lippmann S. Innov Clin Neurosci. 2015 Sep-Oct;12(9-10):25-8. Review.
* Electroconvulsive Therapy in Multiple Sclerosis.
Steen K, Narang P, Lippmann S. Innov Clin Neurosci. 2015 Jul-Aug;12(7-8):28-30. Review.
* Depression and Anxiety Following Early Pregnancy Loss: Recommendations for Primary Care Providers.
Nynas J, Narang P, Kolikonda MK, Lippmann S. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2015 Jan 29;17(1). doi: 10.4088/PCC.14r01721.
* Use of ketamine in acute cases of suicidality.
Lee J, Narang P, Enja M, Lippmann S. Innov Clin Neurosci. 2015 Jan-Feb;12(1-2):29-31.
* ECT-induced Mania.
Lee J, Arcand L, Narang P, Lippmann S. Innov Clin Neurosci. 2014 Nov-Dec;11(11-12):27-9.
* Ketamine as an electroconvulsive therapy anesthetic agent.
Lee J, Narang P, Lippmann S. J ECT. 2014 Sep;30(3):e30-1. doi: 10.1097/YCT.0000000000000105. No abstract available.
* Antipsychotic drugs: sudden cardiac death among elderly patients.
Narang P, El-Refai M, Parlapalli R, Danilov L, Manda S, Kaur G, Lippmann S. Psychiatry (Edgmont). 2010 Oct;7(10):25-9.
- HealthPartners Regions Behavioral Health - St. Paul
- 640 Jackson St Ste E2900 Saint Paul, MN 55101 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 967-7992
- Medical School: Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College- India 2005
- Residency in Psychiatry: Hennepin County Medical Center 2012
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro (Psychiatry)