Puneet D. Narang, MBBS
- Practicing Specialty: Psychiatry
- Secondary Language: Hindi, Punjabi
I have an immense interest in learning about the human brain and behavior, and that's why I chose the interesting, rewarding practice of behavioral health. Teaching students and residents is also an important aspect of my practice. I was trained in psychiatry in two different countries and cultures - India and the United States - and that has helped me understand the importance of the psychosocial aspect of psychiatric conditions.
I treat a variety of psychiatric disorders with pharmacological intervention and therapy recommendations, and I encourage my patients to be actively engaged in their treatment planning. I have a special interest in electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), which is an underutilized, yet effective, treatment for refractory depression and other psychiatric illnesses.
Outside of my practice, I like spending time with family and friends, traveling and cooking.
I am a member of the American Medical Association (AMA) and the American Psychiatric Association (APA).
- HealthPartners Regions Behavioral Health - St. Paul
- 640 Jackson St Ste E2900 Saint Paul, MN 55101 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 967-7992
- Medical School: Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College- India 2005
- Residency in Psychiatry: Hennepin County Medical Center 2012
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro (Psychiatry)