Steven E. McCormack, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Oncology & Hematology
I am a board certified Hematologist and Medical Oncologist, practicing at both Regions Hospital and the Cancer Center of Western Wisconsin in New Richmond.
I received my undergraduate degree at Brown University and my medical degree from the University of North Dakota. I completed my internal medicine residency at The Ohio State University and my hematology and medical oncology fellowship at the University of Minnesota.
In addition to my clinical practice, I am a member of the teaching faculty at the University of Minnesota and mentor hematology/oncology fellows and residents on clinical rotations at Regions Hospital. Research is also a special interest of mine, and I participate in clinical research at Regions Hospital. I have been fortunate to have work presented in research journals and at national scientific meetings.
My goal is to provide patients with the knowledge and tools to become active participants in their care. I feel that by building trusting relationship with patients and families we can achieve the best outcomes.
Outside of work I enjoy spending time with my family and running in addition being to a long-time Minnesota Twins fan.
- Medical School: University of North Dakota 2005
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Ohio State University Hospitals 2008
- Fellowship in Oncology & Hematology: University of Minnesota 2011
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Hematology
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Medical Oncology