Steven A. Greer, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Sports Medicine
I was born and raised in Coastal Georgia, where I cultivated a love of summer activities. Just before high school, my family moved to Delaware, and I subsequently earned my undergraduate degree in neuroscience from the University of Delaware. After that, I attended medical school at St. George's University, which allowed me the opportunity to study medicine in five countries.
I completed my residency in family medicine and fellowship in primary care sports medicine at Moses Cone Memorial Hospital in Greensboro, North Carolina. While there, I served as an assistant team physician for Elon University, a small, private Division I school.
More recently, I served as the Director of Primary Care Sports Medicine at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, home of the Masters Tournament. While there, I developed their Sports Medicine Fellowship. I also enjoyed being team physician for four high schools, two Division II colleges and the Augusta GreenJackets Minor League Baseball team. In addition, I was medical director for the largest Ironman 70.3 triathlon in the world. I have been practicing with HealthPartners since 2012.
I am certified as a CPR Instructor.
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- 435 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-8300
- Medical School: St. George's University School of Medicine- West Indies 2002
- Residency in Family Medicine: Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital 2005
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine: Moses H. Cone Primary Care Sports Medicine 2006
- Certification: Am Bd of Family Medicine-Sports Medicine