Karen P. Ta, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Psychiatry
- Secondary Language: Vietnamese
I am board certified in Psychiatry. I graduated from and completed my psychiatry residency at the University of Minnesota Medical School. I provide psychiatric evaluations and psychopharmacology services to the general adult population, and I have a special interest in working with refugees, immigrants and people from different cultures.
I chose to go into psychiatry because I want to help patients with mental illness. I try to treat all of my patients with respect, listening to their stories without judgment and encouraging them to make the best decisions in a treatment plan. Having an outpatient practice allows me to provide continuity of care, and that's something I especially enjoy.
Outside of my practice, I like to spend my free time with family, traveling and reading.
I am a member of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) and the Minnesota Psychiatric Society (MPS).
Please note: This provider serves only adults ages 18+.
- HealthPartners Regions Behavioral Health - Woodbury
- 1811 Weir Dr Ste 355 Woodbury, MN 55125 (map)
- Appointments: (952) 967-7992
- Medical School: University of Minnesota 1990
- Internship in Psychiatry: Regions Hospital 1991
- Residency in Psychiatry: University of Minnesota 1994
- Fellowship in Psychiatry: University of Minnesota 1994
- Certification: Am Bd of Psych & Neuro (Psychiatry)