Benjamin Mueller, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery
- Secondary Language: German
I became an orthopaedic spine surgeon following my residency training at the University of Minnesota and a spine surgery fellowship at the nationally and internationally renowned Leatherman Spine Center in Louisville, Kentucky. I also have a Ph.D. in Biochemistry from the University of Minnesota.
I treat both adult and pediatric patients with cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine problems. My special interests include spine deformity, stenosis, spondylolisthesis, degenerative disease, scoliosis, trauma, complex revision spine surgery and other spine problems. In addition to performing surgery and seeing patients, I am involved in research in the area of spine surgery and have had my work published in scientific journals. I have also presented at local, national and international conferences.
When not at work, I enjoy time with my family, the outdoors, hockey and soccer.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* Minnesota Orthopaedic Society (MOS)
* American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
* North American Spine Society (NASS)
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- 435 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-8300
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School 2006
- Internship in Surgery: University of Minnesota Medical Center 2007
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery: University of Minnesota 2011
- Fellowship in Spine Surgery: Norton Leatherman Spine Center 2012
- Certification: Am Bd of Orthopaedic Surgery