Fotis G. Souslian, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Neurosurgery
- Secondary Language: Greek
After finishing a residency in neurosurgery at the University of Minnesota, I completed a combined orthopedic and neurosurgical spine fellowship at the renowned Swedish Neuroscience Institute in Seattle, Washington.
My special interests include minimally invasive spine surgery, cervical and lumbar herniated discs, spinal stenosis, deformity, spine and cranial tumors as well as spine and cranial trauma surgery. I currently also train orthopedic residents from the University of Minnesota and orthopedic spine fellows. I have taught minimally invasive spine courses as well as presented at national and international neurosurgical conferences.
When I am not at work, I enjoy cooking and traveling with my wife, who is currently a general surgery resident at the University of Minnesota. Together we also enjoy spending time with our families, going to church, playing with our Cavalier King Charles spaniel, driving and modifying motorcycles and cars.
- Medical School: Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School 2006
- Internship in Surgery: University of Minnesota Medical Center 2007
- Residency in Neurosurgery: University of Minnesota 2012
- Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Neurological Spinal Surgery: Swedish Neuroscience Institute 2013
- Certification: No Information on Record