Katharine S. A. Pico, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Hand Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
There is a saying that the hands are the eyes of the soul. They can provide comfort. They allow us to interact with our world and the people in it. If an injury or a disease has caused dysfunction of the hands, it can be very disabling. I enjoy helping people regain use of their hands whether it is through watchful waiting, therapy, bracing, injections, medications or surgery.
I see people of all ages and with a variety of conditions, including but not limited to, carpal tunnel syndrome, masses in the hands, fractures of the hand or wrist, arthritis, nerve problems of the upper extremity, Dupuytrens's contracture and trigger fingers. I see my role not only as a hand surgeon but also as a patient educator.
Being born and raised in Minnesota, I enjoy lake time and family bike rides along the Mississippi with my husband and our three children.
I have received a Hand Surgery Fellowship from HealthPartners and a Gold Humanism Award. In addition, I belong to the following professional associations:
* American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
* Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA)
* American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- 435 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-8300
- Medical School: Creighton University School of Medicine 2006
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery: University of Minnesota 2011
- Fellowship in Hand Surgery: HealthPartners Institute for Educ & Research/Regions Hosp 2012
- Certification: Am Bd of Orthopaedic Surgery