Isaac Thomas Marsolek, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Pain Medicine
I am a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician who trained in an ACGME accredited pain fellowship and specializes in pain management. I treat a variety of both acute and chronic conditions including: back and neck pain, musculoskeletal pain, sacroiliac joint dysfunction, sports injuries, neuromuscular pain, cancer pain, chronic abdominal and pelvic pain, fibromyalgia, chronic pain syndrome, complex regional pain syndrome, neuropathic pain, and headache.
I believe in treating patients from a multidisciplinary approach including health psychology, rehabilitative therapies, alternative therapies, interventional procedures, and medications, with the goal of improving function. I enjoy working with a team of healthcare providers including rehabilitation therapists and health psychologists. I perform minimally invasive spinal injections, spinal cord stimulators, peripheral joint and trigger point injections, acupuncture, and botulinum toxin injections.
I believe the best outcomes occur when patients practice self-care and take ownership of their health with proper support from their health care team. I rarely prescribe or recommend opioid (narcotic) medications for non-cancer related pain.
Board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Member of the Minnesota Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- HealthPartners Specialty Center - Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- 401 Phalen Blvd Saint Paul, MN 55130 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-7760
- Regions Hospital Rehabilitation Institute - Hospital Campus
- 640 Jackson St Saint Paul, MN 55101 (map)
- Appointments: (651) 254-2071
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School 2008
- Internship: Hennepin County Medical Center 2009
- Residency in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation: University of Minnesota Medical Center 2012
- Fellowship in Pain Medicine: University of Minnesota Medical School 2013
- Certification: Am Bd of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation